Principles of Use and User Guidelines for Parent Rooms
The Parent Rooms are accessible to anyone on campus who wishes to feed or use spend some quiet time with their baby or toddler.
- Comfortable chair(s) with Supportive Arms
- Change Table
- Diaper Disposal
- Garbage Disposal
- Sink (in the room or in a nearby washroom)
- Electircal outlet (located near the chair)
- Signage that indicates room is occupied
- Disposable and biodegradable change table cloths
Parent Rooms will be open during regular building hours, normally 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. and are not required to be booked in order to use. Campus Security Services will lock / unlock the Parent Rooms.
The Parent Rooms are not a general play area for children on campus (not a daycare area). All members of the University community who have responsibilites for caring for infants or young children may access the Parent Rooms.
Infrequently, the Health Centre may require short-term use of SU058. During these times, Parent Room users may not be able to access this Parent Room, and will instead be directed to the Parent Room in SA7236
The University of Lethbridge welcomes nursing parents anywhere on campus. However, if a private space is preferred for feeding or extracting milk, two Parent Rooms are available that provide seating in a private space (SU058 or SA7236).
Users are responsible for:
- Bringing their own breast pump, ice packs, containers, or other accessories.
- Sanitizing the countertop, sink, and other surface areas before and after use.
- Cleaning up any spills or other untidiness.
- Respecting the privacy of other users.
- Securing their own possessions and not leaving unattended personal items or equipment in the room.
Parents retain ultimate responsiblity for the supervision and safety of children in their care and must always ensure children are supervised.
The University reserves the right to refuse access to a person or persons for inappropriate behaviour or breaching University policies and procedures.
The University of Lethbridge Students' Union (403-329-2222) will be the designated contact for matters relating to the Parent Rooms.
Daily cleaning of the Parent Rooms will be done by University Facilities - Caretaking (403-329-2602)