This Scholarship was created by Dr. Karl C. Ivarson through a bequest to the Agricultural Institute of Canada Foundation. In establishing this award, Dr. Ivarson wished to support students from his home province of Alberta in their pursuit of studies in agricultural sciences or related discipline.
- October 18
- $10,000 Masters/$17,000 PhD
- Can. or PR, full time Masters or PhD students
- Registered in a full-time masters or doctorate program in the area of agriculture or related discipline
- Must be from Alberta as defined by meeting at least one of the following criteria:
- An applicant with a permanent residence in Alberta, Canada for a minimum of 12 months prior to the application deadline.
- A student studying agriculture or a related discipline at an Alberta university.
- A graduate of an Alberta high school or post-secondary institution but studying at a nonAlberta institution.
- An applicant born in Alberta.
- Significant knowledge of and attachment to Alberta, as demonstrated through a series of short term residences including some primary or secondary schooling in Alberta.
- Other (explain).
Instructions: Applications must be submitted electronically to the AICF Manager. Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions and a letter from the university confirming enrolment in your current program are required to be submitted in support of the application. Transcripts can be opened, scanned and sent with your application. Do not send transcripts by regular mail. Reference letters (using the form provided on the AICF website) must be sent directly by the referee to the AICF Manager.
For more information and the application visit the Canadian Foundation for Food and Agricultural Education website.