There are opportunities for casual student employment within the Faculty of Fine Arts and in the community throughout the year. Check back often for opportunities to find casual work.
Faculty of Fine Arts Employment Opportunities
University Theatre - Box Office Assistants
Contact: Amanda Berg
Contact Amanda Berg, Theatre Operations Supervisor, for more information about this position.
*Note - Box Office positions have been filled, however we are happy to continue to accept resumes throughout the semester.
Department of Drama - Student Assistants
Contact: James McDowell
The Department may hire two or three students to work as student assistants in various areas (i.e. Scene and Prop Shop, Costume Shop). A letter of application accompanied by a completed class schedule (indicating applicant is able to work on a regular basis), and resume can be emailed to James McDowell, Production Manager.
- Properties Assistant
- Scene Shop Assistant
- Costume Shop Assistant
Accompaniest/Pianist Needed! New West Theatre - Winter Classes 2020
Musical Theatre Club (Wednesdays 7-8:15pm February 5 to Apr 29) - BURSARY AVAILABLE!
This entry level class will explore voice, movement, and characterization withi the genre of musical theatre for youth ages 13-18 and we want you! In this position you will be working closely with U of L alimuni and local artist Misha Maseka. Applicants should have some knowledge and enjoyment of musical theatre as weel as a passion for building community. If you are interested, please send you RCM grade level and a brief introduction of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Women's Centre is looking for an artist to create a new mural in the tunnel. Mural plans can be sent to the email: email@example.com by February 7th and the artist will be picked by February 10th. $500 Honorarium provided to person selected.
Pacific Theatre Apprenticeship Program is offering a full-time professional apprenticeship program for emerging artists and administrators!
The Company Apprenticeship is composed of three primary, intersecting categories of activity: Artistic, Administrative, and Production.
Position: Company Apprentice
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Duration: Full time, August – June 30th, 2021
Salary: Stipend of $1200 per month
For more information please see Pacific Theatre Apprenticeship Description. Also applicants can learn more about Pacific Theatre’s mandate and offerings by consulting their website: www.pacifictheatre.org
Submissions should be made by March 13, 2020 to Cara Norrish at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to
1440 West 12th Ave
Vancouver, BC V6H 1M8
The Town Of Fort Macleod is needing repairs to a Mural . The Town is looking for a Mural Artist that would be interested in doing the repairs to the Mural. The Mural is on the cinder brick wall of the Curling Rink ( 225 21st Street Fort Macleod). This will be a paid position . The Town would be needing a Quote for the costs of the Mural Repair. Interested applicants can contact Dan Smith, Town Fort Macleod Parks and Facilities Foreman, for more details: email@example.com
* this is a working agreement separate from the University and all arrangements made are between the Town of Fort Macleod and the applicant/hired student
Endeavor Teach (Calgary) is looking for a 2D/3D Asset Generalist
- Create content that aligns with the direction set by the Art Director and/ or Team Lead
- Build high quality and game quality 3D models, textures, and materials for characters, equipment, vehicles, and props
- Develop efficient and adaptable rigging
- Animate characters and equipment that accurately captures real world procedures
- Collaborate with other departments to prototype simulator features and to realize client requests
- Ensure all content meets the quality and performance requirements of the game engine
- Create high quality digital and print promotional material
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in game development as an artist creating characters, equipment, vehicles, and props
- Strong knowledge and competency with 3ds Max, Adobe Suite, Marmoset, Toolbag, Zbrush or Mudbox, or Quixel Suite
- Degree/Diploma in illustration, animation or equivalent academic or professional experience
- Strong understanding of asset creation pipelines in engines like Unity (or equivalent)
- Capable of production grade 3D art creation with the ability to maintain fidelity while keeping poly counts at a minimum
- Capable of producing high quality still renderings and video content
- Demonstrated proficiency in hard surface modeling techniques with a focus on mechanical content
- Demonstrated proficiency and understanding of timing and spacing
- Understanding of form, structure, and scale regarding game asset creation
- Understanding of light, shade, color, detail, and wear and tear when creating textures and materials
Apply to Madison Philps, 403-836-8939, firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Fri, 01/31/2020
Looking for Summer Employment? Audition for the Rossland Gold Fever Follies!
WHERE: Rossland, BC
WHAT: A historical musical theatre summer show based on the gold rush days of the 1890s
ACTOR’S SALARY: a guaranteed salary of $6000 for the season (PLUS free accommodation for non-locals)
SEASON: June 2 - August 24, 2020
ALL AUDITIONS SHOULD INCLUDE:
1. short monologue
2. song of your choice (with accompaniment) PLUS the Canadian Anthem sung a cappella
3. dance and/or other musical talents
***Please include a headshot and resumé***
Please see Audition Poster for details!
Experienced Artist Needed! Local pop band seeking artist for album cover and promos. Looking for experience and talents in digital painting and/or skills in Adobe with photo-real creation or manipulation. Budget: $300 for album with front and back covers and 5 promo images. Deadline TBD. Contact: Matthew Danforth email@example.com
The Lethbridge Hurricanes are currently looking for a game-night mascot! We are looking for a fun, enthusiastic, and energetic person to bring life to our beloved, Cane! The position is paid per-game @ $60.00/game and would be a great opportunity for a student in the Fine Arts Department! It is expected that you show up to all home games (can be flexible with exams).
If you would like to inquire about this position contact Cam.
Display Opportunity for Local Artists! Showcase your work at The Port Coworking Space! Located in the heart of Downtown Lethbridge, The Port provides a venue for local artists to share their work in a creative, collaborative, shared work space. This is a great opportunity to get some exposure and make connections with the Lethbridge business community. We take no commission if someone wants to purchase. We're all about supporting local and making connections. Check out theportyql.com, and call 403-894-3150 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info on the space or to contact us
Are you teaching private music lessons or interested in becoming a private studio teacher? Why not consider joining ARMTA, the Alberta Registered Music Teachers’ Association? There are many benefits for teachers and their students including professional development, regular recitals, advertising, liability insurance and opportunities to share with and gather information from other teachers in a supportive environment. Teachers of all instruments are welcome to join!
Email Christine Rogers at email@example.com, or visit the following links for more information:
- Lethbridge Registered Music Teacher Association Membership
- Alberta Registered Music Teacher Association Membership
- VOX MUSICA - Young Adult Membership
Display Opportunity for fine arts students and staff! Showcase your 2D art work in the Garden Court Dining Room at the Lethbridge College! We have so much wall real estate in our dining room, and would love the opportunity to show local art, so I am reaching out to the community to see if there would be any interest. We would take no commission should the art sell while in our dining room. We simply get the pleasure of showcasing the art in our space. If you are interested call 403-320-3230 or email firstname.lastname@example.org