• Director, Campus Planning (ex-officio) – Chair
• (5) Representatives from the Faculties/Schools appointed by Statutory Deans' Council
• Vice-President (Research) or designate
• University Registrar (ex-officio)
• Director, Science Facilities (ex-officio)
• Chair, Classroom Governance Committee (ex-officio)
• (2) Academic Members, appointed by the office of the Provost and Vice-President (Academic)
• (2) Non-academic Members, appointed by the office of the Vice-President (Finance and Administration)
• (1) Undergraduate Student, appointed by the University of Lethbridge Students’ Union
• (1) Graduate Student, appointed by the University of Lethbridge Graduate Students’ Association (GSA)
Note – all Members are voting members of the Committee.
5.2. Terms of Office
i. Appointed members, other than the students, will serve a three-year term, which can be renewed by the respective appointing body.
ii. Student representatives to the Committee are appointed for a one-year term that can be renewed under the recommendation of the respective appointing body.
iii. When the Committee is first formed, two appointed members will serve three-year terms, two will serve two-year terms, and one will serve a one-year term. This staggering is to ensure a regular turnover of members and enhance the operational continuity of the Committee.
iv. Appointed members can be renewed for a maximum of two terms.
From time to time, it is expected that the Committee will make recommendations to bring forward jointly, to the Office of the Provost and Vice President (Academic) and Vice-President (Finance and Administration). When forming these recommendations
i. The Committee will make every effort to operate on a consensus model
ii. When consensus is not attainable, the Committee will follow a democratic process, with quorum at 50% of the Committee membership.
5.4. Committee Support:
Administrative support to the Committee will be provided by the Facilities office.
5.5. Expert and External Advice:
Expert and external advice will be brought in as necessary at the request of the Chair to provide information and expertise necessary to meet the objectives of the Committee.
5.6. Meeting Schedule
The Committee will have meetings at the call of the Chair, but not less than quarterly.
i. All Committee meetings shall be documented including attendance, agenda, decisions made and support material. The Committee has the capability to proceed “in-camera” when appropriate.
ii. The Committee will report annually to the office of the Provost and Vice-President (Academic) and the Vice-President (Finance and Administration) on the Committee’s activities.