Am I eligible for wait-listing?
Students can wait-list for courses as long as the following conditions are met:
- The course must be required in your current major.
- The course must be offered within the Faculty of Arts & Science.
- You have the prerequisite for the course or have submitted a signed Prerequisite Waiver Form to Arts & Science Student Program Services in SU060.
- The course must fit your schedule or you give us permission to drop you from a course to accommodate the wait-listed course.
- You must have attempted to register in the course during your initial assigned registration period.
Wait-list requests cannot be approved for courses that will be used towards Lib Ed Requirment, elective, minor, or concentration requirements.
How do I wait-list for a course?
A Wait-List Request Web Form will be made available through the Arts & Science Advising website only duringthe wait-listing periods. Continuing students are able to wait-list immediately following the initial registration period and newly admitted students are able to wait-list immediately following the add/drop period. Check the Notice Board for the exact dates.
Does it matter how early during the wait-listing period I submit my request?
No, wait-list requests are prioritized based on the students' degree progress. Students who are closest to finishing their degree will be accommodated first and students wait-listing on the last day will receive equal treatment to those submitting on the first day of the wait-list period.
Once I am on the wait-list, should I keep trying to register?
Yes, it is required that wait-listed students continue trying to register in the course(s) on their own.
Why would I be removed from the wait-list?
Students are removed from the wait-list if:
- they are already registered in the course
- the requested course is not offered within the Faculty of Arts & Science
- they already registered in the maximum number of courses permitted
- it is found the prerequisite(s) have not been met and the student has not submitted a Prerequisite Waiver Form
- a time conflict exists with the course that is wait-listed and the courses in which they are already registered
- the student has a cash hold on their account
Am I guaranteed to be registered in the course I am wait-listing for?
Although every attempt is made to accommodate valid wait-list requests registration is not guaranteed. You should discuss alternative course options or sequencing plans with an Arts and Science Student Program Advisor.
If my wait-list request is accepted when will I get into the course?
If we are able to accommodate your wait-list request you may be registered in the course at any time between the wait-list period and the end of the Drop period, depending on the unique circumstances of the course(s) you need.
How will I know if I have been registered in the course?
Students are notified when their registration changes by an automated e-mail sent by the Registrar's Office. Of course, you can always check your registration on the Bridge.
Who do I contact about changes to or status of my wait-list request?
Students can email firstname.lastname@example.org.