Am I eligible for wait-listing?
Students can wait-list for courses as long as the following conditions are met:
- The course must be required in your current major.
- The course must be offered within the Faculty of Arts & Science.
- You have the prerequisite(s) for the course or have submitted a signed Prerequisite Waiver Form to Arts & Science Student Program Services in SU060.
- The course must fit your schedule or you give us permission to drop you from a course to accommodate the wait-listed course.
- You must have attempted to register in the course during your initial assigned registration period.
Wait-list requests cannot be approved for courses that will be used towards Lib Ed Requirment, elective, minor, or concentration requirements.
How do I wait-list for a course?
A Wait-List Request Web Form will be made available through the Arts & Science Advising website only during the wait-listing period. Check the Notice Board for the exact date.
In order for us to best assist you, if you are unable to access a required course, please submit your wait-list request as soon as possible.
Once I am on the wait-list, should I keep trying to register?
Yes! It is required that students continue trying to register in the course(s) on their own.
Why would I be removed from the wait-list?
Students are removed from the wait-list if:
- they are already registered in the course
- the requested course is not offered within the Faculty of Arts & Science
- they already registered in the maximum number of courses permitted
- it is found the prerequisite(s) have not been met and the student has not submitted a Prerequisite Waiver Form
- a time conflict exists with the course that is wait-listed and the courses in which they are already registered
- the student has a cash hold on their account
If my wait-list request is accepted when will I get into the course?
If we are able to accommodate your wait-list request you may be registered in the course at any time between the wait-list period and the end of the Drop period, depending on the unique circumstances of the course you require. Although every attempt is made to accommodate valid wait-list requests, registration is not guaranteed. Alternative course options and sequencing plans should be discussed with an Arts and Science Student Program Advisor.
How will I know if I have been registered in the course?
Please check the Bridge to see if you have been added into a course.
Who do I contact about changes to or the status of my wait-list request?
Students can email email@example.com.