Am I eligible for wait-listing?
Students can wait-list for courses as long as the following conditions are met:
- The course must be required for your current major (requests for electives, Lib Ed Requirements, minors, and concentrations are not eligible).
- The course must be offered by the Faculty of Arts & Science (we do not wait-list for courses offered by the Faculties of Health Sciences, Management, Education, or Fine Arts).
- The course must fit your schedule OR you must give permission to be dropped from a course to accomodate the wait-listed course (if there is a time conflict or registration in the course will cause you to exceed 15cr hrs, you will be removed from the wait-list unless you indicate which course to drop).
- You must have the prerequisite(s) for the course, or you must bring a signed Prerequisite Waiver Form to the Faculty of Arts and Science Student Program Services in SU060 before submitting your request.
How do I wait-list for a course?
A Wait-List Request Web Form will be made available through the Arts & Science Advising website only during the wait-listing period. Check the Notice Board for the exact dates.
Once I am on the wait-list, should I keep trying to register?
Yes! It is required that students continue trying to register in the course(s) on their own.
Why would I be removed from the wait-list?
Students are removed from the wait-list if:
- they are already registered in the course
- the requested course is not offered by the Faculty of Arts & Science
- they are already registered in the maximum number of courses permitted
- it is found the prerequisite(s) have not been met and the student has not submitted a Prerequisite Waiver form
- a time conflict exists with the course that is requested and the courses in which they are already registered, and there is no course permitted to drop
- the student has a cash hold on their account
If my wait-list request is accepted when will I get into the course?
If we are able to accommodate your wait-list request you may be registered in the course at any time between the wait-list period and the end of the Drop period, depending on the unique circumstances of the course you require. Although every attempt is made to accommodate valid wait-list requests, registration is not guaranteed. Alternative course options and sequencing plans should be discussed with an Arts and Science Student Program Advisor.
How will I know if I have been registered in the course?
You will need to check your Bridge account to see if you have been added into a course.
What if I get myself into the course before my wait-list request is fulfilled?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible to cancel your request!