What is wait-listing?
The Dhillon School of Business will accept wait-list requests from eligible continuing students who were unable to access required Lethbridge campus Management (MGT) courses during initial registration for Fall or Spring terms.
There is no wait-listing for summer courses. See wait-listing information for courses offered through other U of L Faculties here.
When can I wait-list?
Spring 2021 wait-listing is now closed. Students should register for Fall 2021 courses during initial registration in March so they know if they will need to wait-list. The Fall 2021 wait-list request form will be available in March/April 2021 (specific dates TBA).
How do I wait-list?
1. Make sure the following eligibility criteria is met:
- The course must be offered through the Dhillon School of Business Lethbridge campus in the upcoming term.
- The course is required for your currently declared major and must be taken in the upcoming term for sequencing.
- You must have previously attempted to register yourself in the course during initial registration for the upcoming term.
- You are not already registered in another section of the course or there is no other section of the course with available seats. Section preference is not a valid reason to wait-list.
- The course fits with your schedule and does not exceed the 5 course (15 credit hour) limit or you will indicate a course to be dropped in its place on the wait-list request form.
- You do not have any holds on your account.
2. Contact a Dhillon School of Business advisor to outline your wait-list request and obtain a wait-list code. The wait-list code is not a guarantee of being wait-listed, but is required to submit a request. Submissions without a valid wait-list code will be discarded without notice.
4. Submit a wait-list request through the Wait-List Request form
What if I am not eligible for wait-listing?
If you are not eligible for wait-listing, you may have other options and can consult with a Dhillon School of Business advisor. Also, keep in mind there is lots of registration movement and a seat may open up in the course you want in one of the following ways:
- Management (MGT) courses that are initially reserved for specific majors will have the reserves dropped after wait-listing ends which may result in possible available seats.
- Students continually add and drop classes once registration opens for the term. Activity is especially high from the first day of classes until the add deadline. If you are persistent in checking, you may be successful in adding the course.
If you do not meet the wait-list eligibility, but feel you have extenuating circumstances that require you to be in a specific course in the upcoming semester, please contact a Dhillon School of Business advisor.
The Fall 2021 wait-list request form will be available in March/April 2021 (specific dates TBA).