3 Programs (Digital Audio Arts – Music Studio – Music/Education)
Whether you are interested in performance, composition, digital audio arts or music education, our classical music oriented programs are designed to meet your specific needs and interests.
Your music studies are based on core courses that provide a thorough education in all aspects of music, with a foundation built on classical theory, history and musicianship skills for the first two years. In your third and fourth years you have access to a broad range of courses to fulfill your academic and professional aspirations.
You have the opportunity to work closely with an internationally-recognized faculty of performers, composers, researchers and scholars, who are dedicated to your success.
Numerous performance opportunities exist through student recitals, chamber music groups, master classes, and ensembles.
- Collaborative piano/guitar
- Global Drums
- Integra Contemporary & Electroacoustic
- Jazz Ensemble and combos
- Lethbridge Symphony Orchestra
- Opera Workshop
- University Singers
- University Wind Orchestra
Facilities & Spaces
- University Recital Hall with state-of-the-art acoustics
- University Theatre – 450-seat proscenium theatre
- Studio One – world-class recording studio
- Studio Two – 3-D audio research lab
- Music technology lab and audio editing suites
- Individual practice rooms
- 2 Steinway concert grand pianos and 50 rehearsal pianos
- Professional audio gear loan centre