Tanner Layton | MA Sociology (Co-op)
CRITICAL. IMAGINATIVE. PERCEPTIVE.
“Ask more questions than you give answers.”
“Seek out unhappiness and learn from it.”
“There is no one right way to live a human life.”
“The personal is always the political.”
“Read Sara Ahmed.”
Favourite Class: PHIL2000 The Meaning of Life, SOCI2600 The Individual and Society, PSYC3330 Social Cognition, CSPT5101 Research Methodology
Favourite Social Activity: Playing cards, watching sports, eating wings, drinking beer
Favourite Study Spot: Good Earth Coffeehouse, Starbucks
What makes my uLethbridge experience unique?
- Explored media representations of Justin Bieber in an independent study with Dr. Kim Mair.
- Examined ‘Blue Jay fever’ and its economic implications in a sociology paper for Dr. Tom Perks.
- Observed the subtleties of biopolitics and state violence during my co-op workterm with Indigenous Services Canada.
- Being a teaching assistant gave me an opportunity to have insightful learning experiences with other like-minded students.
- Got to read Albert Camus’ novel The Stranger on a beach in Cancun for Dr. Laderoute’s summer philosophy course.