What is the Co-op Ambassador Program?
As a Co-operative Education Ambassador you are given a chance to be more involved in the Program. It is an opportunity for ALL Co-op Students to enrich their resumes, gain hands-on experience, and enhance and promote the community and peer-support within the program.
Benefits of being a Co-operative Education Ambassador
As a Co-op Ambassador you will have the opportunity to get involved with many different types of activities. Of course the more you put into it, the more you will get out of it. However, being a Co-op Ambassador will allow each of you to develop skills that are extremely valuable for future employment, and these are all things you can include on your resume. Some of these skills include:
- Communication Skills: As an Ambassador you will be talking to people of different ages, backgrounds and majors. You will experience networking opportunities as well as deal with groups of varying sizes, which will teach you to tailor conversations where necessary.
- Presentations: You will gain experience in public speaking.
- Team Work: Working at many of our events will provide you with an excellent opportunity to work as a team.
- Time Management: Balancing student life while participating in extra-curricular activities is a great way to hone your time management skills.
Not only will each Ambassador learn some excellent transferable skills, skills that employers want, they will have lots of fun doing it! They will get to work with some amazing students and meet some great people!
What are the roles of the Ambassador?
- Positively reinforce the value and services of Co-op at the University of Lethbridge
- Communicate with fellow Co-op Students about Program events
- Generate enthusiasm among University of Lethbridge and future students about Co-op
- Assist in recruiting new students (Career Fairs, Information Sessions)
- Presenting Co-op information to other students via classroom visits
What might an Ambassador do?
- Volunteer at campus events
- Positively reinforce the value and services of Co-operative Education at the University of Lethbridge
- Communicate with Co-op students about Co-op events
- Generate enthusiasm among our students about Co-op and assist in recruiting new students
- Attend scheduled monthly Ambassador Meetings
- Be the main co-op representative when on a Co-op term elsewhere other than Lethbridge