Being Proactive About Your Health
- During all of our open hours the Centre for Sport and Wellness is staffed with Certified Fitness Consultants, Certified Lifeguards, and other staff who are also trained in Standard First Aid and Basic Rescuer CPR. If at any time you require assistance or advice they will be available for you.
- We ask that you inform on duty facility staff prior to participating in any activity of any known health conditions which include, but not limited to, epilepsy or diabetes.
- IF you answer YES to any of the questions below you should consult your Doctor prior to participation in any physical activity in our facility.
Please read the following questions carefully and answer each one honestly:
- Has a physician ever said that you have a heart condition and that you should only do physical activity recommended by a physician? Do you feel pain in your chest when you do physical activity?
- Do you lose your balance due to dizziness or do you ever lose consciousness?
- Do you have a bone or joint problem that could be made worse by a change in your physical activity?
- Is your Doctor currently prescribing you drugs for blood pressure or heart condition?
- Do you know of any other reason why you should not do physical activity?