Faculty of Arts & Science
In the Faculty of Arts & Science, students do more than just learn their discipline; they experience it. In settings both inside and outside the classroom students have opportunities to participate in leading-edge research led by world-renowned scientists and scholars.
Engaging research and insightful learning has a profound impact, both on our students and society at large. Our students are involved in a variety of collaborative projects that will create a lasting impact such as:
- our on-going work with the Canadian Space Agency to develop telescope instrumentation for space exploration;
- being part of a leading team of researchers doing cutting-edge work in remote sensing and the environment;
- collecting and documenting the oral history of southern Alberta;
- creating a digital library to support the cultural and textural heritage of thousand-year-old relics;
- or learning genetics and contributing to our understanding of how the body’s own cells can repair scar tissue in the brain.
“Student, academic and research achievements go hand in hand in the Faculty of Arts & Science. We would like to express our thanks to our community members, alumni and supporters of the University of Lethbridge. Your support helps us offer world-class programs and opportunities to our passionate and intelligent students.” - Dr. Craig Cooper, Dean