Students in LBED 1500, The First Year Experience: Mapping Our Communities, created these questions and answers for first year students. This is information they wish they had had in their first semester.
Much of the information you need is available through various sites and apps:
- ULink, the student portal, can be found under the Resources tab on the main homepage (ulethbridge.ca) and is available as an app in ULink. The app is available for both iOS and Android devices.
- Academic advising: ulethbridge.ca/ross/academic-advising
- Academic Calendar and Course Catalogue, available on the Resources tab on the main homepage: (ulethbridge.ca) and here: ulethbridge.ca/ross/academic-calendar/
- Next Steps website has useful information spanning the entirety of a student’s first year: ulethbridge.ca/future-student/nextsteps
- Services for students page: ulethbridge.ca/services-for-students
- Current students page (under People, main home page): ulethbridge.ca/current-students
- uLethbridge Students’ Union is also a good resource: ulsu.ca/home
- Download the ULeth toolkit app for iOS, Android
- Social media: University of Lethbridge (FB, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat) and Faculty-specific social channels
Remember that each Faculty (Arts & Science, Education, Fine Arts, Health Sciences, Management) and the Schools (Liberal Education and Graduate Studies) have some unique policies, procedures and opportunities. Always check the Academic Calendar and your Faculty/School advisors..