Receiving Your Award
Congratulations, you've received an award or scholarship! Please read all the essential information below as it outlines specific details about receiving your award(s).
To find out what award you have been selected to receive:
- Go to ULINK and look under the finances tab
What is required before your award(s) is issued:
- Social Insurance Number. Unless you are an International student, a SIN is required before any awards can be issued. We will email you if this is required.
- Full-time enrolment. You must be a continuing full-time student in a program (enrolled in a minimum of 9.0 credit hours per semester for Undergraduate students) in the next academic session at the UofL. Exclusions are if you are graduating or receiving a part-time award. Our office will complete enrolment checks to ensure this requirement is met.
NOTE – if you withdraw from full-time studies after having received a payment for an award, unpaid balances will be forfeited
How will your award be paid?
- All awards are automatically applied to your UofL student account (via the Bridge) no later than October 1st and February 1st.
- Award(s) totaling less than $1000.00, will be issued in one payment. Award(s) totaling more than $1001.00, are issued in two equal payments.
- If you have fees owing as of the add/drop date, your award will be applied to your tuition and fees.
- If no fees are outstanding – you have two options:
- Once you see your award appear in your student account (via the Bridge) you may visit the Cash Office (AH144) on or after September 27th and January 29th (for those who have two disbursements). Please bring your bank card and student ID and the staff in the Cash Office will be happy to deposit your award into your bank account.
- You can leave your award(s) on your student account to cover future tuition and fees. No action is required for this option.
- Are you graduating in December and receiving two disbursements? Please submit a written request to email@example.com to receive your second payment before graduation. Payment will be issued upon confirmation that degree requirements have been satisfied – either have your academic advisor email the above email address or send us a signed and dated copy of your grad check.
Send your thanks…...
You are strongly encouraged to thank the donor who made your award(s) possible. Our office (AH115) provides free thank you cards which we will mail at no cost! Stop by for a card – please include the title of your award, let the donor know your appreciation and leave it with us. If you are not on campus, you can mail a thank you card to:
University of Lethbridge Advancement Office, 4401 University Drive, Lethbridge T1K 3M4
Deferring an award:
You may request a deferral of your award until the following semester if extenuating circumstances prevent full-time enrolment. Please submit a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 31st (Fall semester) and February 28th (Spring semester).
Are scholarships/awards taxable?
- Yes, in some cases. In February a T4A information slip for awards paid in the previous calendar year (Jan-Dec) will be available. Please log onto the Bridge, click on ‘Employee’.
Are you NOT attending the UofL?
If you are no longer attending, you MUST cancel your registration prior to the start of the term to avoid being charged for courses! Please let our staff know so that we can re-assign award(s) to other deserving students.
Apply next year!
Our Undergraduate award application will be available mid-January, with a deadline of May 1 for continuing undergraduate students.
Would you like more information about the award(s) you are receiving? Visit our award listings and search the award title. More award guidelines and policies can be found in the UofL Academic Calendar.
Do you have any questions? Email email@example.com or call us at 403-329-2585.