Congratulations, you've received an award, scholarship or bursary! Please read all the essential information below as it outlines specific details about receiving your award(s).
What is required before your award(s) is issued:
- Social Insurance Number. Unless you are an International student, a SIN is required before any awards can be issued. You can provide your SIN through the Bridge, under 'Personal Information'.
- Full-time enrolment. You must be a continuing full-time student in a program (enrolled in a minimum of 9.0 credit hours per semester for Undergraduate students) in the next academic session at uLethbridge. Exclusions are if you are graduating or receiving a part-time award. Our office will complete enrolment checks to ensure this requirement is met.
NOTE – if you withdraw from full-time studies after having received a payment for an award, unpaid balances will be forfeited
How will your award be paid?
- Awards are automatically applied to your uLethbridge Cash Office student account. Please review your award notification email for disbursement dates.
- Awards will be issued in two equal payments*, please review your award notification email for the specific disbursement dates.
- If you have fees owing as of the add/drop date, your award will be applied to your tuition and fees.
- If no fees are outstanding – you have three options:
- You may visit the Cash Office (AH144) with your ID and a bankcard to have your funds deposited into your bank account after the specified disbursement dates in your award notification email.
- You can leave your award(s) on your student account to cover future tuition and fees. No action is required for this option.
- If you are not on campus and wish to have your award mailed to you via a cheque, please email your Name, ID and current address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Exclusions to split disbursements are: awards that cover tuition and fees, if you are completing degree requirements at the end of December or if the award specifies otherwise. Your award notification email will provide you with all disbursement details.
- Are you graduating in December and receiving two disbursements? Please submit a written request to email@example.com to receive your second payment before graduation. Payment will be issued upon confirmation that degree requirements have been satisfied by confirming your graduation application has been submitted. If it has not, we will require either an email from your awards advisors to confirm degree requirements are met or a scanned copy of your grad check.
Send your thanks…...
The donor(s) of your award(s) would love to hear from you - after all, without them the award(s) wouldn't exist. Free thank you cards are always available in our office.
Deferring an award:
You may request a deferral of your award until the following semester if extenuating circumstances prevent full-time enrolment. Please submit a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 31st (Fall semester) and February 28th (Spring semester).
Are scholarships/awards taxable?
Yes, in some cases. In February a T4A information slip for awards paid in the previous calendar year (Jan-Dec) will be available. Please log onto the Bridge, click on ‘Employee’.
Are you NOT attending the uLethbridge?
If you are no longer attending, you MUST cancel your registration prior to the start of the term to avoid being charged for courses! Please let our staff know so that we can re-assign award(s) to other deserving students.
Would you like more information about the award(s) you are receiving? More award guidelines and policies can be found in the UofL Academic Calendar.
For anything else, please email email@example.com or call 403-329-2585.