Congratulations, you've received an award,scholarship or bursary! Please read all the essential information below as it outlines specific details about receiving your award(s).
What is required before your award(s) is issued:
- Social Insurance Number. Unless you are an International student, a SIN is required before any awards can be issued. We will email you if this is required.
- Full-time enrolment. You must be a continuing full-time student in a program (enrolled in a minimum of 9.0 credit hours per semester for Undergraduate students) in the next academic session at uLethbridge. Exclusions are if you are graduating or receiving a part-time award. Our office will complete enrolment checks to ensure this requirement is met.
NOTE – if you withdraw from full-time studies after having received a payment for an award, unpaid balances will be forfeited
How will your award be paid?
- Awards are automatically applied to your uLethbridge Cash Office student account. Please review your award notification email for disbursement dates.
- Unless otherwise specified, all awards will be issued in two equal payments, please review your award notification email for disbursement dates.
- If you have fees owing as of the add/drop date, your award will be applied to your tuition and fees.
- If no fees are outstanding – you have three options:
- Once you see your award appear in your student account (via the Bridge), you may visit the Cash Office (AH144) with your ID and a bankcard to have deposited into your bank account.
- You can leave your award(s) on your student account to cover future tuition and fees. No action is required for this option.
- If you are not on campus and wish to have your award mailed to you via a cheque, please email your Name, ID and current address to email@example.com.
- Are you graduating in December and receiving two disbursements? Please submit a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your second payment before graduation. Payment will be issued upon confirmation that degree requirements have been satisfied – either have your academic advisor email the above email address or send us a signed and dated copy of your grad check.
Send your thanks…...
The donor(s) of your award(s) would love to hear from you - after all, without them the award(s) wouldn't exist. You should have received an email from our Advancement office with details on how to share your appreciation, please refer to that for details. Or, if you have questions feel free to email them at email@example.com.
Deferring an award:
You may request a deferral of your award until the following semester if extenuating circumstances prevent full-time enrolment. Please submit a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 31st (Fall semester) and February 28th (Spring semester).
Are scholarships/awards taxable?
Yes, in some cases. In February a T4A information slip for awards paid in the previous calendar year (Jan-Dec) will be available. Please log onto the Bridge, click on ‘Employee’.
Are you NOT attending the uLethbridge?
If you are no longer attending, you MUST cancel your registration prior to the start of the term to avoid being charged for courses! Please let our staff know so that we can re-assign award(s) to other deserving students.
Would you like more information about the award(s) you are receiving? More award guidelines and policies can be found in the UofL Academic Calendar.
For anything else, please email email@example.com or call 403-329-2585.