COVID-19 resources | Our faculty and staff are committed to providing you an exceptional learning experience this September.

Helpful Hints

  • A Canadian citizen or permanent resident, or designated as a protected person
  • Enrolled in or qualified to enroll as a full-time student.
  • It is best to apply in early July for September. However you can apply at any time of the year but Student Aid Alberta will only process your completed application if it's received at least 30 days before your program end date.
  • Alberta Student Number (ASN) - If you are an Alberta student, you must supply your ASN on your loan application. If you do not know your number, or if you have moved to Alberta from another province, you may use the Learner Registry to obtain your ASN.
  • Social Insurance Number (SIN) - The name you indicate on your student loan application must match the name on your SIN card.
  • Start and End dates - You will need to indicate your period of study:
    • Fall Semester - September 5, 2018 - December 17, 2018
    • Fall & Spring - September 5, 2015 - April 17, 2019
    • Spring Semester - January 7, 2019 - April 17, 2019
    • Summer Session I -May 6, 2019 - June 17, 2019
    • Summer Session II - July 8, 2016 - July 26, 2019
    • Summer Session II/III -July 8, 2019 - August 19, 2019
    • Summer Session III -August 7, 2019 - August 27, 2019
    • Summer Session I/II/III -May 6, 2019 - August 17, 2019
  • Tuition and Fees - You will need to indicate how much your tuition, fees, books and supplies will cost. Should you have further questions please come and see us in AH151. Check the academic calendar for more information.
  • Most recent income tax - Your line 150 from the previous tax year. If you are applying for a loan for the Fall semester you would require your line 150 from the previous tax year.
  • Other income resources - This refers to additional sources of income such as scholarships, savings, part-time and pre-study period earnings (the 4 months before you start school). If you are a dependant student (under 23 years of age or not left High School for more than 4 years) then you will need to supply your parents' income information to be considered for grants.
  • Parental income - If you are a dependent student, you may be requested to report your parents' income. Thsi will be their line 150.

You could receive up to $10,000 in Canada student loans. If you are a part-time student and think you'll need student aid, download the application. Follow the instructions provided with the application and provide as much information as possible.