Applying for Student Aid Alberta (loans and grants)
Applying for funding:
2015-2016 loan applications are now available
Students will have access to the on-line funding application from Student Aid Alberta starting July 7. Please be aware that due to the Provincial Government's recently announced tuition freeze, tuition and mandatory fees costs that you see in the online application are higher than the actual amounts you will be charged by the University of Lethbridge. The corrected tuition amounts will not be available until August, but you are encouraged to apply for your funding in July. There will be no adverse effect to your calculated funding as the tuition and fees adjustments are expected to be less than $125/semester.
Visit Student Aid Alberta online services to:
- apply for Alberta and Canada student loans and grants: Student Aid Alberta
- find out the status of your application
- change your address
- view correspondence
- An example of Full-time Application 2015-2016
PLEASE NOTE AS OF JUNE 16 THE GOVERNMENT WILL NO LONGER BE PRINTING APPLICATION PACKAGES.
After you receive your Alberta, Canada or Integrated (out of province) Student loan:
You can manage your loans by visiting this page Student Aid Alberta Service Centre:
- review your student loan(s)
- check your loan balance(s)
- find out the status of your loan payments
- get details about new student loans you are receiving
- change your address/contact information
- receive helpful information about your loan(s) in your Personal Message Centre
- Customize Your Repayment: Use this tool to create a request form to increase or decrease your monthly payment.
- Get Repayment Assistance: If you qualify for periods of Repayment Assistance, the government will help make payments toward your loan. You could be approved to receive interest and/or principal Repayment Assistance