Changing Your Program

Thinking about changing your program? Don’t worry — we can help. Many students will change their program of study at different points during their academic careers.

Newly Admitted Students

If you have not yet registered in courses, you may change your program simply by sending an email to the Registrar’s Office ( using your uLethbridge email account. Please note that if you have already registered in courses, your registration will be cancelled when your program change is made. It may be better to wait until you arrive on campus. Contact an academic advisor for advice and assistance.  

Continuing Students

 If you are a continuing student you may change your program of study by contacting your academic advisor and filling out the appropriate form.

  • To change within the same faculty | Complete a Student Program Change form.
  • To change to a different faculty or a specialized program | Complete an Application for Specialized Programs form and submit it to the Registrar’s Office or your campus office in Calgary.

Note: Program changes for the fall term must be made by February 15 and October 15 for the spring term.


Was this content helpful? Send us your feedback.