The purposes of the Association are to:
- facilitate the membership’s continuing contribution to the University of Lethbridge and the wider community;
- act as a liaison between the University and the community of retired academic staff;
- sponsor and support programs and activities that enhance the welfare of the University and the wider community;
- maintain contact with the local, provincial and national community of retired academic staff, their activities, and concerns;
- promote and safeguard the status and privileges of retired academic staff; and
- provide opportunities for social and intellectual interaction among the membership.