NRV SCN Seed Grant Program
The Neurosciences, Rehabilitation & Vision Strategic Clinical NetworkTM (NRV SCN) is very pleased to announce the 2021 Seed Grant funding competition. A maximum of four (4) awards of up to $8,000 will be offered with a total funding support of $32,000. Projects should address elements of the NRV SCN transformational roadmap, which includes improvements to clinical practice through innovation, implementation and evaluation of integrated and transitional care pathways, evaluation of novel treatment quality and efficacy, improvements to health service delivery, primary prevention strategies and advancing patient engagement and informed decision-making across the clinical landscape.
- The Principal Investigator must have affiliation with one of Alberta’s academic institutions, but front-line clinicians are welcomed and encouraged to act as coinvestigators. NRV SCN Seed Grant Program 2021
- Project area of research will include one or more of the four themes of health research (biomedical, clinical, health services, population and public health).
- Proposals should focus on the creation and application of knowledge across the continuum, including:
- Improvements to clinical practice o Integration of care
- Contributions to new evidence for clinical decision-making
- Improvements to access, prevention strategies related to neuroscience, rehabilitation, or vision-related conditions across the lifespan
- The Principal Investigator may only hold a single active seed grant from the NRV SCN but may be a collaborator on other proposals. One PI from the Co-PI team will hold the funds.
- A member of the research team must be affiliated with AHS (e.g. NRV SCN research community).
- NRV SCN leadership are not eligible to hold seed grants as principal investigators.
- Funding is a one-time investment (non-renewable)
Application Due Date: January 31, 2021
For more information, click here