*Note: The Impact Grants LOI deadline of April 29th, 2020 will be postponed due to work disruptions and to accommodate applicants who are performing additional duties outside their regular scope of work and care
- We will share more information about Impact Grant deadlines (LOI and Full Application) once we know more about the impacts of COVID-19*
The Impact Grant program supports significant progression in cancer research programs that are anywhere in the continuum from basic, high impact discovery, to translational work of direct relevance to the clinic, to applied research. Impact Grants aim to accelerate and focus the knowledge gained from scientific findings, in the short- to medium-term, into outcomes that will:
- significantly improve scientific knowledge relevant to cancer;
- result in improved cancer treatment;
- result in optimized care of people living with and beyond cancer; and/or
- result in reduced cancer burden.
The goal of the CCS Research Impact Grant program is to provide a mechanism for scientists to accelerate the application of new knowledge and apply innovations to address important problems in cancer research and care.
- Budgets awarded may be up to $300,000 per year and a maximum of $1,500,000 per grant.
- The grant term is up to 5 years. Grants are renewable.
- It is anticipated that approximately 10 grants will be awarded in this competition.
Special funding calls within the Impact Grant competition envelope:
- Applications relevant to prostate cancer research are encouraged
- Applications relevant to pediatric cancer research are encouraged
- Applications relevant to breast cancer research are encouraged
- Applications relevant to cancer prevention are encouraged
- Applications relevant to cancer survivorship are encouraged
Additional funds may be available from the Lotte and John Hecht Memorial Foundation to support projects focused on the application of complementary and alternative approaches in cancer treatment and control.
Letter of Intent (LOI) due date: April 29, 2020
LOI Results: late June 2019
Full application deadline: September 15, 2020
Anticipated start date: February 1, 2021
All applications must be submitted through the online application system (EGrAMS) by 5p.m. EST on the deadline date. Submissions will not be accepted beyond these times.