*This grant is not administered by the University of Lethbridge*
Explore and Create funds Canadian artists, artistic groups and organizations committed to the creation and dissemination of innovative, vibrant and diverse art. This program advances Canadian artistic practices by encouraging artists to investigate creative processes and take risks that lead to the development of unique works destined to connect with the public. Explore and Create supports the research, development, creation and production of work, as well as professional development for artists.
The Canada Council for the Arts expects this program to achieve the following outcomes:
- artists develop their skills and enrich their knowledge
- artists have the resources and opportunities to explore, take artistic risks, and advance their practice
- artists create works in a variety of genres and forms
- artists share work in a manner consistent with their artistic vision and intentions
- new artistic voices emerge
The Research and Creation component of Explore and Create supports the initial stages of the creative process. Canadian artists, artistic groups and arts organizations can apply to develop and make creative works. Grants provide support for creative research, creation and project development.
Individuals who are Deaf or who have disabilities, including those living with mental illness, and require accommodation at any stage of the application process may be eligible for additional assistance.