The Canadian Asthma, Allergy and Immunology Foundation (CAAIF) is a charitable foundation whose mission is to invest in research leading to new and better treatments that improve the lives of Canadians living with allergy, asthma and immunologic diseases.
ABOUT STALLERGENES GREER
Stallergenes Greer is a fully integrated global biopharmaceutical company specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of allergies through the development and commercialization of allergy immunotherapy (AIT) products and services.
The objective of the CAAIF/Stallergenes Greer Early Career Investigator Award in Allergy and Clinical Immunology is to support early career investigators doing research relevant to Allergy and Clinical Immunology.
VALUE OF THE AWARD
The maximum value of the award is $10,000.
- The research must take place in Canada.
- The proposal must be completed within a 12-month period.
- Applicants must be within the first five (5) years (with adjustment made for career interruptions*) of completing their degree and/or training.
*Career interruptions include: parental leave, illness, health-related family responsibilities, mandatory military service, disruptions due to war, civil conflicts and/or natural disasters in the country of residence.
- Scientific strengths of the proposed methodology
- Demonstrated ability of applicant/collaborators to realistically achieve proposed project objectives
- Appropriatness of budget for the work proposed
- Appropriateness of the proposed research project to further the applicant's research career
CONDITIONS OF FUNDING
- A final report on the results of the research project must be submitted no later than six (6) months after completion of the research project
- Awardees may be invited present resultant research findings at future CSACI Annual Scientific Meetings
- Awardees must acknowledge the assistance given by CAAIF and Stallergenes Greer in any publication or presentation made during the tenure of or resulting from the tenure or or resulting from the Award