Funding for Masters students researching in the area of NeuroCAM
1-2 years max
- Research must be in the area of NeuroCAM.
- Applicants are required to identify a supervisor/mentor (an Assistant, Associate or Full Professor) from an accredited university for the project who will guide and review the student’s activities.
- Applicants can be Canadian or international students working on their project in Alberta, Saskatchewan, University of Victoria, BC, or University of Toronto, ON.
- If the research work requires either human or animal ethics clearance, evidence of that clearance must be sent to BONF before funds will be released.
- If the applicant is not already in an MS program, funding is contingent on their acceptance to the specific lab and program.
- If co-funding from another agency is required to carry out the proposed project, and if such funding falls through, the applicant and PI must notify BONF immediately. The normal result will be that the funds will not be paid out. However, project re-scoping may be considered.
- You are eligible to apply even if you have previously held a Branch Out studentship or grant!
- If thesis work goes beyond Year 2 and if progress has been encouraging in Years 1 and 2, past scholarship recipients can apply for a renewal of up to one year (the 3rd year of their degree) to aid them in completing their degree.
- If a student converts from a Master’s program to a PhD program while holding a Branch Out Master’s Degree Scholarship, they can hold their (Master’s Degree) scholarship for the balance of the academic year and may then apply to Branch Out for a PhD Degree Scholarship for up to two further years.
- Applicant must supply copies of transcript and have two academic references submit a reference survey on their behalf by the grant application deadline. The project supervisor must be one of the references.
Application Form Link
- There will be no extensions or exemptions on the deadline
- At Branch Out's expense, studentship winners will be expected to present their work to Branch Out stakeholders
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please visit https://www.branchoutfoundation.com/grants
Branch Out Neurological Foundation
Student Salary: $20,000/year - Minus deductions, such as EI, held back by the host institution Travel and expenses: up to $2,000/year - To complete or present the work
Friday, March 27, 2020
Friday, March 13, 2020