Alberta MS Network The Alberta MS Network (previously the ‘Alberta endMS Regional Research and Training Centre’) was initiated in 2009 with funding from the MS Society of Canada. What began as a training network to enhance the quality of teaching of MS trainees in Alberta rapidly evolved into a network across Alberta that fosters collaboration, research, and educational activities on MS. Today, the network has helped to establish Alberta as a hotspot for cutting edge MS training and research. For more information about the network visit the website: www.albertamsnetwork.ca.
Students currently enrolled in an undergraduate program may apply for an Alberta MS Network Summer Studentship to work on multiple sclerosis (MS)-related research (non-clinical or clinical) under the supervision of an Alberta-based researcher. This award is meant to encourage exceptional trainees to work on MS research.
A 3 or 4-month period between May 1, 2019 and September 1, 2019.
1. The applicant must be registered in an undergraduate degree program.
2. The proposed research project must be relevant to the field of MS.
3. It is the responsibility of the applicant to make all arrangements for the proposed summer research training with an appropriate supervisor and institution prior to applying for the award.
4. The supervisor must be a faculty member of an Alberta-based institution.
5. The supervisor must agree to provide a top-up of $500 per month. 6. Each supervisor may sponsor multiple applications but the committee will only award one studentship per supervisor.
Completed applications must be received electronically by 4:00 pm MST on February 22, 2019. Incomplete or late applications will not be reviewed. P
lease direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.