Health care expenditures in Alberta are increasingly unsustainable with approximately 40% of the provincial budget consumed annually. Alberta needs to harness the power of emerging health opportunities and innovations to deliver more effective, efficient and sustainable patient-centered care.
The AICE-Concepts Program expands Alberta Innovates’ AICE-validate, AICE-market access, and Implement.digH offerings to accelerate health innovations in Alberta.
What is the program?
The Accelerating Innovations into CarE (AICE) – Concepts Program is designed to enable and accelerate early-stage innovators along the commercialization client journey from ideating to conceptualizing across four domains of commercialization (i.e., product-market fit, business readiness, regulatory compliance, and product development).
The first stream addresses three priority areas within the field of precision health aimed to optimize clinical decisions and maximize health benefits.
- Disease prevention
- Personalized therapeutics
Eligibility and funding
- Projects must be led by an Alberta-based post-secondary institution or government health authority
- Alberta Innovates will contribute up to $600,000 CAD to support approved projects over a maximum term of 36 months
- Registration – deadline: December 7, 2020 (4:00 PM MST)
- Application – deadline: January 6, 2021 (4:00 PM MST)