Global Affairs Canada is offering short-term scholarships to students from member states of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) wishing to study or conduct research in Canada.
The Canada-ASEAN Scholarships and Educational Exchanges for Development (SEED), announced by the Government of Canada in August 2017, will provide approximately 125 scholarships in 2020-2021 for study or research in fields that are aligned with the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
Canadian post-secondary academic institutions can now submit scholarship applications on behalf of students from eligible countries by March 5, 2020. Only applications submitted directly by Canadian post-secondary academic institutions will be considered.
Interested candidates are invited to contact their home institution’s international office to learn about institutional partnerships and collaborations with Canadian institutions. Home institutions in ASEAN member states will then provide the eligible candidates’ documentation to the Canadian institutions.
- Program name: Canada-ASEAN Scholarships and Educational Exchanges for Development (SEED)
- Funding organization: Global Affairs Canada
- Target audiences: Students at the college, undergraduate and graduate levels in Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand or Vietnam
- Number of scholarships: Approximately 125
- Duration: 4 to 8 months at the college and undergraduate level; 4 to 6 months at the graduate level
- Inclusions: Visa and/or study/work permit fees, airfare, health insurance, living expenses, ground transportation expenses, books and supplies
- Deadline: March 5, 2020
For full program and application details, visit: Canada-ASEAN Scholarships and Educational Exchanges for Development (SEED).
All inquiries regarding this scholarship program should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-237-4820.