The mission of Animal Care Services is to provide high-quality care to the animals and facilitate research and teaching. Professional animal care and veterinary staff are dedicated to the health and well-being of the animals under their care and are a resource of services supporting the University of Lethbridge's fundamental mission of education and research.
Animal Care Services provides animal care and husbandry to a wide variety of animal models 365 days a year to ensure that the physiological and psychological needs of the animals are met.
Animal Care Services provides the following resources:
- Animal daily care and husbandry
- Veterinary care assessment and treatment
- Facility Management
- Colony Management
- Animal procurement, importation and exportation
- Protocol and amendment pre-review & refinement
- Compliance program assistance
- Controlled Drug Scientific Exemption administrative support
- Technical Services
- Diagnostic Services
- Ensure facility renovations and construction meet Canadian Council on Animal Care & researcher needs