This notice is from the archives of The Notice Board. Information contained in this notice was accurate at the time of publication but may no longer be so.
The International Centre is looking for volunteer student mentors for our International Student Mentorship Program!
The International Student Mentorship Program (ISMP) is a student peer-mentor program in which new international students are matched with continuing uLethbridge students who can provide advice and information about life at the university and Lethbridge.
Peer mentors will provide social support, assistance and guidance through one-on-one meetings and social activities (coffee meetings, Pronghorns games, study sessions, etc.) throughout the new international student’s first semester. They will share their personal experiences which will ease the transition to university in Canada for new international students.
The commitment is for one semester with a possible extension to a second semester.
1) Second year standing
2) Familiar with campus, campus life and student support services
3) Good academic standing (2.0 GPA or higher)
4) Dedication to building an inclusive and supportive community
5) Strong interest in student and campus engagement
6) Respect for all others (values, beliefs, religion, sexual orientation etc.)
7) Excellent organization and communication skills
Karis Dykstra | email@example.com