This notice is from the archives of The Notice Board. Information contained in this notice was accurate at the time of publication but may no longer be so.
University of Lethbridge’s Destination Exploration Codemakers Program is seeking an enthusiastic individual who loves to make kids love technology. This position will be responsible for engaging grades 4-12 students in a variety of off-campus technology-based day camps and workshops between May 22 and August 24, 2018. As a member of Destination Exploration, you will become part of a national network of science outreach initiatives under Actua, Canada's largest STEM outreach organization.
- Deliver Codemakers technology camps and workshops, which are delivered to children aged 8-18 in Lethbridge and its surrounding communities (this program requires travel, which is reimbursed at a set mileage rate).
- Work collaboratively with other Leaders to develop activities and to create a safe, educational and fun environment for the campers.
- Effectively supervise all participants at all times while encouraging interactive learning and a team atmosphere.
- Experience working with school aged children.
- Experience teaching in a classroom setting, or leading extracurricular activities.
- Experience with technology, including but not limited to topics in:
- Robotics – Cubelets, Lego Mindstorms EV3, Ozobots, and Edisons
- Engineering – micro:bits, 3D printing, Arduino’s, and Raspberry Pi’s
- Digital Citizenship
- Have a strong background in a technology related discipline.
- Have a valid Driver’s License and the ability to travel – personal vehicle is an asset.
- Possess a current First Aid Certification and a clean criminal record and vulnerable sector check.
- Have the ability to effectively communicate with parents and faculty and to act as an Ambassador of the U of L within our community.
- Be creative, resourceful, and a team player.
Hours for this position are typically between 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Monday to Friday. The wage is $16/hr.
Applications (resume with cover letter) can be sent to Valerie Archibald at email@example.com by 4:00 PM, April 27th, 2018. In your cover letter, please outline a potential technology-based activity that would be suitable for a group of kids aged 8 – 11.