University of Lethbridge’s Destination Exploration Codemakers Program is seeking an enthusiastic individual who loves to make kids love technology. This position will be responsible for engaging grades 4-12 students in a variety of off-campus technology-based day camps and workshops between May 22 and August 24, 2018. As a member of Destination Exploration, you will become part of a national network of science outreach initiatives under Actua, Canada's largest STEM outreach organization.
- Deliver Codemakers technology camps and workshops, which are delivered to children aged 8-18 in Lethbridge and its surrounding communities (this program requires travel, which is reimbursed at a set mileage rate).
- Work collaboratively with other Leaders to develop activities and to create a safe, educational and fun environment for the campers.
- Effectively supervise all participants at all times while encouraging interactive learning and a team atmosphere.
- Experience working with school aged children.
- Experience teaching in a classroom setting, or leading extracurricular activities.
- Experience with technology, including but not limited to topics in:
- Robotics – Cubelets, Lego Mindstorms EV3, Ozobots, and Edisons
- Engineering – micro:bits, 3D printing, Arduino’s, and Raspberry Pi’s
- Digital Citizenship
- Have a strong background in a technology related discipline.
- Have a valid Driver’s License and the ability to travel – personal vehicle is an asset.
- Possess a current First Aid Certification and a clean criminal record and vulnerable sector check.
- Have the ability to effectively communicate with parents and faculty and to act as an Ambassador of the U of L within our community.
- Be creative, resourceful, and a team player.
Hours for this position are typically between 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Monday to Friday. The wage is $16/hr.
Applications (resume with cover letter) can be sent to Valerie Archibald at email@example.com by 4:00 PM, April 27th, 2018. In your cover letter, please outline a potential technology-based activity that would be suitable for a group of kids aged 8 – 11.