This notice is from the archives of The Notice Board. Information contained in this notice was accurate at the time of publication but may no longer be so.
The Orientation Leader (OL) shares in the responsibility for planning and implementing the largest Orientation & Transition event, Fall New Student Orientation (NSO). A large role of the OL would be supporting the O&T Coordinator with strategic and consistent engagement with internal university community stakeholders and provide additional supports in the coordination of faculty-related components of NSO.
HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 (8:30 to 4:30 p.m.)
RATE OF PAY: $13.60/hr
Assist in the design and implementation of Orientation events
- Assist in the assessment of Orientation programs, processes and events
- Facilitate communication with faculty stakeholders regarding faculty involvement and coordination in Orientation programming
- Facilitate communication with incoming students and their families regarding the Orientation program and other related issues
- Help train and supervise team of student volunteers
- Develop and present training sessions about Orientation week and related responsibilities for student volunteers
Meet with the interdepartmental stakeholder planning team/s to discuss goals, objectives and strategies
- Perform basic office duties as required in the Enrolment Services office including meeting minutes, photocopying, data entry, and other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will have completed at least 30 credit hours and be in good academic standing.
We are looking for an individual who demonstrates leadership qualities as they will help train and supervise student volunteers while being a part of the Enrolment Services team. Strong event planning, time management, and organizational skills would be considered an asset. Applicant must also be comfortable giving presentations to groups, and have strong written communication skills and are proficient with various Microsoft Office applications.
STEP ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
• At least 15 years of age
• A Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or protected person under the Canadian Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and legally entitled to work and study in Canada.
• International students and Temporary Foreign Workers are not eligible for STEP.
• Resides and/or attends school in Alberta with an Alberta address
• Returning to high school or a post-secondary institution no later than November 1.
• Must be enrolled in a program that will result in a Certificate, Diploma, or Degree. Technical training for Apprenticeship is not eligible
• Is available for full-time summer employment
• Participates in only one STEP position during the summer
• Not currently employed in the organization
• Not immediately related to the owners or staff responsible for hiring in the organization
Hiring Range: Hiring range indicated in Position Details
Employment Group: Other
Posting Detail Information
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Close Date: April 30, 2018