This notice is from the archives of The Notice Board. Information contained in this notice was accurate at the time of publication but may no longer be so.
Peer Learning Mentor (Part-time student opportunity)
The Student Success Centre is seeking a highly motivated and passionate University of Lethbridge student to join our Peer Learning Mentor team in January. As a Peer Learning Mentor, you will help students to identify and develop successful learning strategies, study skills and time management practices to support their academic success at university. This role also aims to help you develop your learning and professional skills, build meaningful connections with your peers, and contribute to your student experience.
As a Peer Learning Mentor, your duties and responsibilities might include:
- Providing mentorship to students individually or in groups through appointments, presentations, outreach activities, and/or other programming focused on learning strategies, study skills, time management, and student services.
- Attending training workshops and team meetings.
- Leading and/or assisting with events, projects, and the development of new materials focused on building student success.
- Acting as a program ambassador through active relationship building and leadership to increase the visibility of the Student Success Centre and increase student participation in appointments, presentations, activities, and events.
- Providing excellent customer service to students and others who visit the Student Success Centre.
- Responding to student questions in a professional and timely manner.
- Administrative tasks such as tracking student participation rates and creating reports.
We are looking for Peer Learning Mentors who:
- Have a passion for supporting their peers.
- Are invested in their personal and professional growth.
- Demonstrates an understanding of study skill strategies.
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Are self-directed but can also follow instruction.
- Embrace working with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Are available to work a minimum of 3 hours to a maximum of 12 hours per week, occasionally evening or weekend hours may be required.
This position is open to current University of Lethbridge students in good academic standing, who have completed a minimum of 18 course credits. Rate of pay: $15/hour.
Please email a cover letter, resume, working copy of your transcripts and availability to email@example.com. Deadline to apply is Monday, December 2, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
Thank you to all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.