What is Spark?
The goal of the event is to connect with all instructors from across multiple departments and faculties to highlight innovative teaching methods, celebrate teaching excellence, and to explore how we are moving forward as a liberal education institution. We will do this via lectures, panel discussions, poster presentations, round-table discussions and more.
The 3rd Annual Spark Teaching Symposium will be held April 27th and April 28th in the Markin Hall Atrium.
50 Years of Teaching
As the UofL enters its 50th year as an academic institution, it is a time to reflect on the last 50 years of Teaching at the UofL and what the next 50 years will bring. This is an open call for submissions, and we encourage you to consider "50 years of teaching" in your presentation proposal.
- How has teaching changed over the last 50 years?
- What were some of the greatest educational challenges over the past 50 years? How did we meet those challenges?
- Has the role of the professor changed?
- Have students changed over the last 50 years?
- What do the next 50 years hold? What are some of your educated predictions about where higher education will move in the next 50 years?
Please submit a proposal for a presentation that is approximately 250 words in length (about half a page). The deadline to submit your proposal is March 10th, 2017 at 4:00 PM.
You can download the proposal template here. Please be sure to look over the guidelines on the Spark website before submitting your proposal.
For more information about how to submit your proposal please visit our website:
We look forward to all of your submissions.