This notice is from the archives of The Notice Board. Information contained in this notice was accurate at the time of publication but may no longer be so.
Working from Home
Here are some tips and guidelines on how to keep confidential University of Lethbridge records safe and secure. Even while working from home, information created by employees are considered University Records.
- Minimize the paper taken from the University to your home office in order to carry out your duties.
- Avoid duplication of information. Examples include:
- Saving the same document in multiple locations
- Printing paper copies
- Copying files onto a USB flash drive
- Downloading/saving documents onto your personal computer hard drive
- Always use your work email account. Verify the accuracy of your sending recipients
- Always store final versions of documents and other University records within a secure University system such as a shared network drive, OneDrive or SharePoint.
- Use links to share documents from SharePoint or OneDrive instead of attaching them to emails
- Regularly delete redundant, obsolete, and transitory documents and data
- Organize your documents by subject or business process. Tips on Naming Conventions
- Here is a handy video on Batch File Renaming in Windows Explorer
- Touch it once strategy – Read and delete transitory stuff. For items related to a task or case, read and flag or move to a relevant folder. More information here.
- Archive content with reference value in folders
All this and more can be found on the University of Lethbridge Records Management Guides webpage.
Feel free to contact email@example.com for specific questions or to set up a Microsoft Teams meeting to address your specific Records and Information Management needs!