The University of Lethbridge is proud to announce the Call for Submissions for the annual Plays & Prose Competitions: Striking Prose & Play Right Prize. Generously supported by U of L alumnus Terry Whitehead, both competitions are open to ALL U of L undergraduate students in good standing at the competition closing date. One entry per student. Student group entries are welcome.
- First prize $1,500, second prize $750, and third prize $250 for each competition.
- A public reading of the first place winners at the University of Lethbridge - Thursday, March 8, 2018.
- Winning play receives dramaturgical support from a member of the adjudicators.
- Winning story receives writing support and advice from the adjudicators.
Submission deadline: Wednesday, January 10, 2018.
Play Right Prize Competition
- Refer to the Submission Guidelines for precise details - entries may be discarded if instructions are not followed exactly.
- Scripts must be intended for the stage (not television, film or other media).
- Plays must have a reading time no shorter than 30 minutes and no longer than 60 minutes.
- Submit entry form and play, which has only the title on the first page (please number pages).
- Submit entry in hardcopy to Shawn McNamara (W660) by 4 pm Wednesday, January 10, 2018.
For questions contact Gail Hanrahan: firstname.lastname@example.org
Striking Prose Competition
- Entry should be no more than 6,000 words.
- Include a cover page with your name, story title and your contact information (phone number and e-mail address). The story itself should only have the title of the work on the first page.
- Get a submission form and complete guidelines from outside room A840E.
- Submit entry form and play, which has only the title on the first page (please number pages) in hardcopy to Bev Garnett (A812) by 4 pm Monday, December 12, 2016.
For more information contact Jay Gamble: email@example.com