Generously supported by U of L alumnus Terry Whitehead, the Play Right Prize competition aims to encourage excellence and development in student playwriting (see also the Striking Prose competition for short story writing). This competition is open to ALL U of L undergraduate students. One entry per student per competition. Student group entries welcome. Playwriting submissions judged by pre-selected blind jury.
Contact: Mia van Leeuwen
- Script must be intended for the stage (not television, film or other media).
- Plays must have a reading time no shorter than 30 minutes and no longer than 60 minutes.
- Review the submission form and complete guidelines for detailed information.
- Submit entry in hard copy to Shawn Coburn (W811) by the deadline (Jan. 8, 2020).
Eligibility: Any uLethbridge undergrad student in good standing
Deadline: January 8, 2020Prizes
- First prize $1,500, second prize $750, and third prize $250.
- A public reading of the first place winners at the Plays and Prose Gala, held in the spring.
- Winning play receives dramaturgical support from a member of the adjudicators.
- Winning story receives writing support and advice from the adjudicators.
Mia van Leeuwen | firstname.lastname@example.org