Are you traveling abroad for Academic or University business?

This notice is from the archives of The Notice Board. Information contained in this notice was accurate at the time of publication but may no longer be so.

Are you traveling abroad for Academic or University business?

Visiting other countries can be a great experience. Planning ahead can help ensure your time abroad is both enjoyable and safe.

The first step to an international trip is to be informed. Assess for yourself the risk of traveling to a particular country or region. When you travel, make a plan for what to do if something goes wrong overseas. 

Stop by Campus Safety, Insurance & Risk, L911 (Library Building) to pick up an International SOS card.  Learn of available resources and discuss any travel concerns you may have.


Visit the Insurance & Risk website for travel information and registry: 

University Travel Outside of Canada 


Registration of Canadians Abroad is also a requirement in university policy for University Students when they travel abroad on University-related activities. This is a free service hosted and controlled by the Government of Canada that notifies travelers in the event of an emergency abroad or a personal emergency at home. The service also enables travelers to receive important information before or during a natural disaster or civil unrest.

Register at the following link: 

If citizenship is not Canadian, please refer to the country of origin travel pages for available services.




insurance.risk | | 403.329.2603 |