This notice is from the archives of The Notice Board. Information contained in this notice was accurate at the time of publication but may no longer be so.
The City of Lethbridge Fire Department (LFD) in conjunction with Campus Safety will be conducting an inspection of the University Campus facilities from November 1-8, 2018. Under the Alberta Safety Codes Act, the LFD has the authority to complete an inspection of any and all areas (including offices & laboratories) of the University campus and address any safety concerns and infractions of the Alberta Fire Code.
Previous concerns cited by LFD previously include:
1. Fire doors being propped open.
2. Storage of materials close to ceiling - minimum clearance from sprinkler heads and smoke/heat detectors is 18”).
3. Misuse of electrical cords and power bars; frayed/damaged electrical cords.
4. Poor housekeeping, excess storage of combustible materials
5. Blocked fire extinguishers and electrical panels.
6. Compressed gas cylinders not being properly secured by chains.
7. Egress in corridors and exits being blocked by articles stored in the area.
8. Coverage of combustibles on walls (i.e. posters) exceeding 20% of the wall surface.
9. Improper storage of chemicals.
10. Missing or damaged ceiling tiles.
If you wish to be in attendance during the inspection of your area please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so that scheduling arrangements can be made.