This notice is from the archives of The Notice Board. Information contained in this notice was accurate at the time of publication but may no longer be so.
The Office of the Vice President, Research and Office of Research & Innovation Services (ORIS) has launched the 2020 summer studentship competitions. The deadline for submission of applications is February 7, 2020 at 4:00 pm for all three awards.
Information on available awards and application requirements can be found on the ORIS website using the following links.
- NSERC USRA: While the quota for summer 2020 has not yet been received, the USRA competition guidelines are posted here: http://www.uleth.ca/research/nserc-undergraduate-student-research-award-usra. Additional information will be posted as it becomes available.
- Chinook Summer Studentship guidelines can be found here: http://www.uleth.ca/research/chinook-summer-research-awards. The number of available awards may be subject to change for the 2020 competition. More information on the number of awards will be posted when available.
- Alberta Innovates Summer Studentships will be available in summer 2020. More updates will be posted when a finalized agreement is recieved from Alberta Innovates. The awards available are dependent on the funding being made available by Alberta Innovates. New for 2020 - AI has identified Digital Health as a priority area. Digital health is the convergence of digital technologies with health, healthcare, living, and society to enhance the efficiency of healthcare delivery and make medicines more personalized and precise. Applications linked to digital health will be given priority. However, these applications will still need to be of excellent caliber. Updates to the guidelines will be found here: http://www.uleth.ca/research/alberta-innovates-summer-studentships.
If you have any questions regarding these awards, please contact the relevant ORIS representatives:
- NSERC USRAs - Stacey Leavitt; Stacey.email@example.com; 403-329-2101
- Chinook Summer Studentships – Emma Dering; firstname.lastname@example.org; 403-332-4487
- AI Summer Studentships – Penny D’Agnone; email@example.com; 403-382-7198