This notice is from the archives of The Notice Board. Information contained in this notice was accurate at the time of publication but may no longer be so.
The Office of the Vice President, Research and Office of Research & Innovation Services (ORIS) have been working to finalize the application guidelines for the upcoming 2019 summer studentship competitions. We expect the deadline to continue to be January 31, 2019 for all three awards. The guidelines are expected to be posted in early January. The application components and eligibility criteria for each award are not expected to change from the guidelines that were used in 2018. We are encouraging students and supervisors to begin developing their proposals in advance of the release of the 2019 guidelines using the information from 2018.
While we will not have the finalized guidelines until early in January, we can provide the following updates.
- NSERC USRA has an ongoing winter competition due on Monday, December 17, 2018. The quotas for the summer have not yet been received. Updates to the summer USRA guidelines will be posted here: http://www.uleth.ca/research/nserc-undergraduate-student-research-award-usra.
- Chinook Summer Studentship updates will be found here: http://www.uleth.ca/research/chinook-summer-research-awards
- Alberta Innovates Summer Studentships will be available in summer 2019. New for 2019 - AI has identified Emerging Technologies as a priority area (ie. data enabled innovation; digital technologies; clean technology; and innovation production & distribution) as they relate to health research. Applications linked to Emerging Technologies will be given priority. However, these applications will still need to be of excellent caliber. Updates to the guidelines will be found here: http://www.uleth.ca/research/alberta-innovates-summer-studentships.
- SSHRC Summer Research Awards will not be available this year. The SSHRC grant providing funding for these awards is no longer available. Students are encouraged to apply to the Chinook Summer Studentships as they have done in the past.
If you have any questions regarding these awards, please contact the relevant ORIS representatives:
- NSERC USRAs - Stacey Leavitt; Stacey.firstname.lastname@example.org; 403-329-2101
- Chinook Summer Studentships – Emma Dering; email@example.com; 403-332-4487
- AI Summer Studentships – Penny D’Agnone; firstname.lastname@example.org; 403-382-7198