This notice is from the archives of The Notice Board. Information contained in this notice was accurate at the time of publication but may no longer be so.
The University of Lethbridge is proud to announce the Call for Submissions for the annual Plays & Prose Competitions: Striking Prose & Play Right Prize. Generously supported by U of L alumnus Terry Whitehead, both competitions are open to ALL U of L undergraduate students in good standing at the competition closing date. One entry per student. Student group entries are welcome.
- First prize $1,500, second prize $750, and third prize $250 for each competition.
- A public reading of the first place winners at the University of Lethbridge - Thursday, March 8, 2018.
- Winning play receives dramaturgical support from a member of the adjudicators.
- Winning story receives writing support and advice from the adjudicators.
Submission deadline: Wednesday, January 10, 2018.
Play Right Prize Competition
- Refer to the Submission Guidelines for precise details - entries may be discarded if instructions are not followed exactly.
- Scripts must be intended for the stage (not television, film or other media).
- Plays must have a reading time no shorter than 30 minutes and no longer than 60 minutes.
- Submit entry form and play, which has only the title on the first page (please number pages).
- Submit entry in hardcopy to Shawn McNamara (W660) by 4 pm Wednesday, January 10, 2018.
For questions contact Gail Hanrahan: firstname.lastname@example.org
Striking Prose Competition
- Entry should be no more than 6,000 words.
- Include a cover page with your name, story title and your contact information (phone number and e-mail address). The story itself should only have the title of the work on the first page.
- Get a submission form and complete guidelines from outside room A840E.
- Submit entry form and play, which has only the title on the first page (please number pages) in hardcopy to Bev Garnett (A812) by 4 pm Monday, December 12, 2016.
For more information contact Jay Gamble: email@example.com