This event is from the archives of The Notice Board. The event has already taken place and the information contained in this post may no longer be relevant or accurate.
This workshop consists of a short presentation followed by a practical session with a laser fire extinguisher simulator. Do you know what to do in case of a fire? Topics covered in the course include elements and classes of fire, fire prevention, types of fire extinguishers and the PASS method of using a fire extinguisher.
Training may be required for:
- Campus Incident Response Team (CIRT) members
- Security personnel
- Faculty and staff who work in a laboratory or in the field with flammable and/or combustible chemicals for the purpose of research or instructional needs
- Facilities and maintenance staff
- Sports and Recreation Services staff
- Fine Arts staff – theatres, workshops
- Resident Assistants
- Food Services - staff members who work in kitchens or cooking operations where commercial cooking devices are used
- Student Union event staff
This session is scheduled in AH100 on October 29, 2019 from 2 to 3 p.m.
YOU MUST PRE-REGISTER. There is a maximum of 30 participants for each class.
For registration and further training information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org