This event is from the archives of The Notice Board. The event has already taken place and the information contained in this post may no longer be relevant or accurate.
This free 2 day training will provide participants with education and skill development in the following areas:
• Definitions, myths & laws about the various types of sexual abuse & sexual assault
• Training in immediate & long term impacts of sexual abuse & sexual assault
• Response to disclosures of sexual abuse & sexual assault
• Rethinking and engaging in prevention of sexual violence
Module One: Critical Communication Skills for First Responders
• Feedback, language, communication skills, Intersectionality, process of a disclosure and self-care.
Module Two: Child Sexual Abuse
• Definition, Criminal Code, consent, impacts and indicators and reporting obligations.
Module Three: Adults Who Were Sexually Abused as Children
• Impacts, PTSD and Complex PTSD, triggers and reporting options.
Module Four: Sexual Harassment
• Definition, impacts, discussion and reporting options.
Module Five: Sexual Assault
• Definition, Criminal Code, consent, myths, impacts, sexual assault trauma and reporting options.
Module Six: Rethinking Prevention
• Campaigns, education, awareness and inspiring hope.
Sexual Violence Prevention Coordinator | firstname.lastname@example.org | (403) 317-2862 | http://www.uleth.ca/sexual-violence/training-workshop-registration