This free 2 day training will provide participants with education and skill development in the following areas:
• Definitions, myths & laws about the various types of sexual abuse & sexual assault
• Training in immediate & long term impacts of sexual abuse & sexual assault
• Response to disclosures of sexual abuse & sexual assault
• Rethinking and engaging in prevention of sexual violence
Module One: Critical Communication Skills for First Responders
• Feedback, language, communication skills, Intersectionality, process of a disclosure and self-care.
Module Two: Child Sexual Abuse
• Definition, Criminal Code, consent, impacts and indicators and reporting obligations.
Module Three: Adults Who Were Sexually Abused as Children
• Impacts, PTSD and Complex PTSD, triggers and reporting options.
Module Four: Sexual Harassment
• Definition, impacts, discussion and reporting options.
Module Five: Sexual Assault
• Definition, Criminal Code, consent, myths, impacts, sexual assault trauma and reporting options.
Module Six: Rethinking Prevention
• Campaigns, education, awareness and inspiring hope.
Sexual Violence Prevention Coordinator | firstname.lastname@example.org | (403) 317-2862 | http://www.uleth.ca/sexual-violence/training-workshop-registration