The public presentation of mediaSoup2020 has been cancelled. Students involved in the for-credit courses attached this event will receive further information from faculty in regards to research presentation opportunities.
For more information: Update from the Dean - Faculty of Fine Arts cancellations
New Media Advanced Studio Exhibition
March 28 - April 4, 2020
Dr. Foster James Penny Building (324 - 5 St. S)
Free admission, everyone welcome!
Exhibition visitation hours: Mon-Fri, Sat: 12 - 4 pm
Opening: March 28 | 6:00 - 8:45 pm
Time-Based Event Begins at 7:30 pm
Advanced Studio Research Presentations: April 4 | 12:00 - 4:00 pm
Presented by University of Lethbridge Department of New Media.
Design: Graham Sargent
The NMED4690 advanced studio class features an exhibition, mediaSoup, in the Penny Gallery opening on March 28 at 6 pm. At 7:30 pm during the opening, time-based NMED4690 projects and motion capture NMED4830 animations will be presented. The exhibition runs Monday, March 30 thru Saturday, April 4 (12 pm - 4 pm daily), culminating with NMED 4690 research presentations on April 4 starting at noon.
The following projects will be showcased in the exhibition:
- Amber Beingessner, The White Rider, webcomic
- Callum Attwell, Ameliorate, 3D demo videogame
- Emily Barnes, Search the Depths, underwater 3D animation environment
- Evan Clark, The L-38 Explorer, space cabin 3D environment
- Elizabeth Keller, Dearly Departed, 2D videogame
- Graham Sargent, Rampant Class, custom printed book
- Josee Fortin, The Art of Dreamstate, concept art for a videogame
- Michelle Bang, The Nightmare Games, visual novel game
- Matthias Chiefcalf, Trapped with Cards, short mocumentary comedy
- Rodrigo Henriquez, Education of Sexual Violence; Support and Prevention, short film series
- Shannon Milligan, Crimson Moon, animated painting
- Anonymous Smith, Instr., Humanity Soup, 2D photo-painting series