TAKE EVERY OPPORTUNITY TO GROW
Get Social. Experience Learning. Seek Support.
The Faculty of Arts & Science at the University of Lethbridge offers a number of very unique opportunities to its undergraduate students, including opportunities to:
- experience your learning outside the classroom - participate in co-operative education and applied studies offered through the Career Bridge office or an independent study through the departments (this is a chance for you to design your own research project with a professor of your choice)
- rep your University as a Shining Student - every year, faculty members nominate exceptional students who are recognized through this program
- complete an undergraduate thesis - an excellent opportunity for qualified students to earn the "Honours Thesis" designation on their official transcript and degree parchment after they've completed the required undergraduate thesis course and requirements
- participate in conferences - all arts and science undergraduate students have the potential and opportunity to participate and attend different conferences within their disciplines
- co-author papers - at the University of Lethbridge it is not uncommon to find an undergraduate student taking advantage of the opportunity to co-author a major publication with a professor
- work closely with professors on research projects - working personally with professors outside the classroom offers any undergraduate student a unique opportunity to obtain first-hand experience in research and lab work
- study abroad or participate in field school opportunities available in some disciplines
In addition, we are here to support your academic journey through a number of excellent student services.