The Bridge Prize celebrates excellence in short story fiction writing at the post-secondary level in Canada. Beginning in 2020, and in alternating years for the next decade, the Bridge Prize intends to inspire and motivate the next generation of Canadian literary artists as they transition to careers as professional writers. The Bridge Prize is presented by the School of Liberal Education at the University of Lethbridge.
2022 Submission Guidelines:
- Stories must be submitted in English only
- Stories much not have previously won any other short fiction competition
- Stories cannot exceed 7,500 words in length
- Submissions must be formatted in Times New Roman (12-point font size), double-spaced and following standards margins
- Authors can submit multiple entries. Each entry must be submitted individually, and each entry is subject to the $20 entry fee
- Entry deadline is January 22, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. (MST). Entrees submitted after the deadline will be disqualified
The Bridge Prize reserves the right to disqualify entries that do not meet the above criteria. Stories previously published in print or online are considered ineligible.
The authors advancing to the Short List will have their student status as of the January 22, 2022 entry deadline verified prior to advancing their stories to the Main Jury for final adjudication.
Authors are encouraged to review their submissions carefully to correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling mistakes prior to submitting their story. Stories are evaluated on their merit and authors should strive to remove any errors that will distract from the reading experience of the jurors.
The University of Lethbridge will collect personal information from each author during the submission process. Please read the FOIP statement.