Curriculum Laboratory - Faculty of Education, University of Lethbridge
The Curriculum Laboratory is an innovative cooperative effort between the Library and the Faculty of Education, allowing the University to provide excellent service to a segment of the library community. The Curriculum Laboratory's main mission is to support the Faculty of Education's teacher education programs through the services of a Learning Centre.
Services involve three areas of responsibility:
- A multi-format collection of over 48,000 learning resources which describe and support the Early Childhood to Grade 12 Alberta school curriculum.
- It includes Curriculum publications, authorized textbooks, and support materials in traditional and emerging technologies (e.g. Internet resources).
- Facilities that emphasize open access to the collection
- Individual and group work space
- Equipment for the preparation of teaching materials
- Who are qualified and pleased to help with different users' needs
- Integrated teaching experience and library expertise
- Our Public Services staff provide links between instruction theory and teaching practice, such as handouts and instruction to support information literacy, and individual or group instruction to support the Education Faculty's classroom curriculum
- Our Technical Services staff order, receive, catalogue and maintain the collection
RESOURCES AND SERVICES:
- Library catalogue
- Multi-format materials relevant to the Alberta school curriculum
- Online service for Comments & Questions
- Open to the public for in-house use
- Computer equipped stations - Internet access, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint
- Information & Research Assistance Desk assistance
- Listening centres and viewing terminals
- Study and group work areas
- Equipped workroom for completing classroom materials/projects, including a scanner
- Online virtual tour
Open all library opening hours
Information & Research Assistance staff are available Monday to Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
403-329-2288 (information questions, general inquiries, and circulation questions)
University of Lethbridge
4401 University Drive
Lethbridge, Alberta T1K 3M4
Content Revised: December 20, 2013