... a standard for excellence
Hours of Operation
8:30am - 4:30pm, Monday to Friday
Level 11 of the Library Building (L1172)
Marni Morton, Records Coordinator
Melissa Fry, Records Technician
Cheryl Read, Records Technician
To develop and maintain a comprehensive Records Management program for the University of Lethbridge based on the ISO 15489 standard - Information and documentation - Records Management.
The Records Management Program will:
- Promote sound records management principles throughout the University.
- Support access to information for legal, financial and operational decisions.
- Assist in the appraisal of historical University records for delivery to the University Archives.
- Ensure control over the creation, maintenance and disposal of University records through record classification plans and retention schedules.
- Ensure the authenticity, reliability, integrity and usability of University records in all formats for as long as they are required, to support all University work and functions.
- Ensure all record-keeping and retention at the University is consistent with regulatory, professional and legal standards.
- Offer records management training and advisory services for all University personnel.
- Develop and review policy, procedures and roles for records management at the University.
- Ensure care and control of University records stored in the University Records Centre, ensure the proper disposition of University records, and maintain auditable documentation.
- Ensure compliance to policy and practice through monitoring and auditing procedures.