English for Academic Purposes
The English for Academic Purposes program is a Languages Canada approved intensive English program that not only helps students to meet the English Language Proficiency requirement of the University of Lethbridge, but also provides students with the skills necessary to succeed in an academic English environment. In this programme you will gain:
- Academic communication skills
- Academic reading and writing techniques
- Library research and information gathering skills
- Study skills for success in university academics
- How to bridge cultures and build interdisciplinary knowledge
Each level of study takes one semester (four months) to complete; a placement test on the first day of classes will determine in which level you will begin. Our semesters for EAP begin each year in January, May, and September.
Each level of EAP consists of two courses: Writing/Reading and Communication. These two courses make a full-time program across 12-week semesters for Fall, Spring, and Summer. Each course is 10 hours/week.
The EAP program is only offered on the Lethbridge campus.