The Capture Culture Photo Contest has been part of our International Education Week celebrations since 2014.
Students, staff, faculty, and alumni are invited to enter. Submit your photos by completing this form by 9 a.m. on Friday, November 20 for a chance to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
Cities and Landscapes: submit a photo of a gorgeous landscape, a breathtaking sunset or a spectacular view of the city.
People, Food and Culture: show us an image that captures the culture or the people of a place you have visited. Perhaps an eye-catching shot of delicious looking food, a festival, or examples of daily life customs.
How to Enter
- Complete this form to be entered into the contest. You will need to complete a separate form for each photo entry.
- Provide a title and brief story behind the photo in 50 words or less. Please include where the photo was taken.
- All entries must be high-resolution digital images that are at least 2 MB in resolution size.
- Maximum two (2) entries per category per person
- Contest is open to all uLethbridge students, faculty, staff and alumni.
- International Centre staff are not eligible to enter.
- Entry Deadline: 9 a.m. on Friday, November 20.
- The top five (5) photos in each category will be selected by International Centre staff.
- One winner per category will be selected.
- The top five (5) photos in each category will be published on social media and other online platforms following International Education Week. Public voting will be open between November 21 - 29 to select the winners in each category, as well as the Social Media People's Choice Winner.
- The winners will be announced on Monday, November 30.
- The winners will receive notification by email and an announcement will be made on the University of Lethbridge International website.
Award Categories and Prizes
- The winner of each category will receive a $50 Amazon gift card.
- Winning photos will be displayed on the International Centre website.
Social Media People's Choice Winner
- The submission with most social media likes will receive a $25 Amazon gift card.
- Winning photo will receive mention on the International Centre social media accounts and on the International Centre website.
Contest Terms and Conditions
- By submitting your photo(s) you are confirming that general consent of individuals in the photo was obtained when their photo was taken by you.
- The International Centre reserves the right not to consider any entry it deems to be inappropriate.
- The International Centre reserves the right to use all or part of all submitted photos in promotional materials, websites, and social media.
- The International Centre reserves the right to make modifications to titles and descriptions of photos for clarity and grammar.
- The International Centre reserves the right to cancel or modify this contest due to fraud, virus, or other causes beyond our control.
- The International Centre is not responsible for lost or late entries.
- By submitting photo(s), entrants consent that they have read and understood the terms and conditions, and release the International Centre from all liability in connection with the production of photo(s).