There’s lots going on with the U of L Fine Arts programs as well as local and around the world events.
1. View an Online Art Exhibit or Explore Your Own Artsy Side:
Get involved with the U of L Fine Arts on-line programs. Culture Vulture from Home – great arts and crafts videos geared to be flexible for all ages from kindergarten to adult, and use accessible household materials.
Join Knitting at Noon From Your Room – with the Art Gallery folks. Same as always, just on-screen now. Open to all, experienced crafty folk can use their own projects or newcomers can try making a granny square with the assistance of gallery staff and volunteers. The program provides an opportunity for an informal social event to swap knitting tips, learn a new skill or just enjoy social interaction.
Check out other regularly scheduled events and art collections on the U of L Art Gallery Facebook page.
2. University of Lethbridge Fine Arts schedules events on a regular basis including:
Art NOW series, Architecture & Design NOW Series, Music at Noon Series and Drama Mainstage. Check out their line up and plan to attend with a colleague, friend or family member!
3. Many other famous museums from around the world have opened up virtual exhibits for you to explore the artwork.
4. Stream a Live Concert
Find your favourite artists on social media to see if they are live-streaming any of their music or shows. New online performances are being announced daily and the Billboard has a running list you can check back on regularly.
5. Watch a Shakespearean Play
Stratford Festival and Shakespeare’s Globe are updating their pages regularly with new recordings of performances to watch in the comfort of your own home. Catch a showing of Macbeth, Hamlet or Romeo and Juliet on your TV or computer with your favourite snacks.
6. Like to Read? Join the U of L Book Club. It’s a great way to find fresh reads and discuss them with other members of the University community.