ou have made an impact! Here's what happened as a result of the 2015 survey!
Healthy Food Options on Campus are Important:
– Developed Healthy Eating Options on campus flyer http://www.uleth.ca/hr/wellness/healthy-eating-options-campus . This is provided to new employees during orientation and provided as a resource during the Health Check for U program.
- Organized a presentation by Dr. Kim Raines from the U of A “Transforming Food Environments: Are You Ready for the Challenge?” in November 2017.
Education and Awareness sessions on Employee Family Assistance program services:
- Communications campaign held Summer 2016 on Plan Smart Services
- Highlighted on ‘Did You Know’ section of Wellness Newsletter
- Provide information on regular basis when providing Mindful Employer Mental Health Workshops
Coping and Resiliency workshops for staff:
- Worked with Mindful Employer Canada to bring mental health workshops to departments/teams – ongoing
- Providing department meetings on resources available to employees including coping/resiliency strategies – ongoing
- Have booked a Wellness Lunch & Learn for February 2018 "Resilience in Work and in Life: Exploring the role of self-compassion" with Sienna Caspar
Calgary/Edmonton involvement in Wellness programs:
- Wellness Committee member from Calgary campus
- ‘Calgary Corner’ article in Wellness Newsletter
- Calgary specific wellness events; Health Check for U, ergonomic assessments, Bee Amazing Race
- Video conferencing options available for Calgary Campus to attend our Wellness Lunch & Learns
Incorporate Ways to be Physically Active on Campus:
- Developed Campus Walking Map http://www.uleth.ca/hr/wellness/campus-walking-maps
- Worked with Sports and Recreation Services to offer ‘Lunch Walk/Run Club’. Employees can purchase a $5.00/month pass to walk on the Indoor Track from 11 – 2 daily.
Utilize the expertise of campus community:
- Campus faculty and staff who have ‘expertise’ in different aspects of wellness have been speakers for Lunch and Learns and/or featured as ‘Wellness Champions’.
Thank you to all who took the time to fill out the 2015 Employee Health & Wellness Survey. The goal was to capture trends, identify health and wellness programming and improve where possible. 574 employees (or 49.4%) responded and we have captured the results.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO ONGOING SUGGESTIONS AND FEEDBACK FROM YOU!
Below is a summary of the 2015 survey results. Employee survey results brochure.pdf.
DID YOU KNOW....Planning and organization at work and home can greatly reduce stress. Take a look at this great article for tips and tricks.